- Calls were placed in October for an Admissions Director and a Communications Director. The admissions role replaces Mr. Ben Priebe who accepted a call to Arizona Lutheran Academy last spring. FVL grad Mr. Joe Blum has accepted this call and will fill this role beginning next July.
- The Communications Director position was filled when current FVL English teacher Mr. Matthew Foxen accepted the call to replace Mr. Dave Payne. Mr. Payne is retiring in June 2021.
- Mrs. Jenny Retzlaff is now serving in a part-time role as the school’s Curriculum Coordinator. Her passion for serving students and her fellow teachers will be a blessing for years to come in this position. She continues to teach Physics as well.
- Miss Lauren Ewings (pictured) has accepted the role of Technology Integration Coordinator to assist teachers in their use of technology. Her teaching schedule will be adjusted to reflect this new responsibility.
- Mr. Phil Stern recently returned his call from Emanuel-New London. Rev. Brad Krause is deliberating a call to Nampa, ID. POST-PRINT UPDATE - Rev. Brad Krause has returned the call to Nampa, ID, and will remain at FVL.
Queen Taylor Radley reigned over FVL's Homecoming 2020. Due to COVID quarantine, her escort Addison Fett was represented by a photo cutout held by Zach Pearson.
What's the Enrollment?
FVL was blessed to open the year with 658 students, only slightly down from last year’s 683. Both online and face-to-face options were available for families. About 65 students chose the online option for classes this semester. The smaller freshman class was expected, but COVID also effected the numbers. Enrollment has remained remarkably stable through the first semester. Initial indications point to a stronger freshmen enrollment next fall.
- Class of 2024 - 147
- Class of 2023 - 176
- Class of 2022 - 168
- Class of 2021 - 165
Enrollment & Scheduling
- Semester 2 Enrollment for Gr. 9-12 Families seeking face-to-face instruction for their high school age students can still enroll for 2nd semester at FVL. Contact email@example.com for details.
- 8th Grade Scheduling Night Parents interested in enrolling their 8th graders should plan to attend the next 8th Grade Scheduling Night coming on February 25, 2021. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Use SCRIP for Christmas
FVL’s SCRIP program is here to help reduce the cost of tuition. Every purchase offers rebates and only costs the time it takes to purchase online or in the SCRIP office. Rebates can be earned for current or future students, grandchildren, friends, or FVL's Tuition Assistance Program. Christmas gift-giving is the perfect time to choose from our wide selection of retailers and earn rebates. To learn more about FVL's SCRIP program, go to fvlhs.org/scrip.
School Choice Update
This year FVL welcomed over 200 students through the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP). The WPCP application window will open again in February 2021 for eligible families. The program offers vouchers for students that fully cover tuition costs. WPCP also has allowed FVL to provide tuition assistance to more families than ever before. Be sure to see if you qualify.
Special Needs Program
FVL's newly approved Special Needs program is running smoothly under the leadership of Mrs. Sara Zuberbier and teachers Mrs. Karie Mindock and Mrs. Rachel Lemke. Through this program, FVL is serving students with disabilities who might not normally be able to find high school success. Voucher applications for the Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP) will be available this spring. Watch for more information.
FVL's annual observance of Veterans Day with a breakfast and special service had to be put on hold this year due to COVID. Watch for its return in 2021.
FoxFest Auction in April
Save the date for FVL’s 17th Annual FoxFest Auction on Friday, April 23 at Liberty Hall in Kimberly. Last year we had to go virtual; this year we hope to see you in person. The theme again is “Disco.” Come to enjoy the meal, fellowship, and auction fun. All 300 tickets will be sold in advance. No tickets will be available at the door. This is the largest fellowship event of the school year and primarily benefits tuition assistance. Watch for more info in March!
Did you know . . .
The FVLHS News app is a key source of information for enrolled families?
- A push notification is sent weekly to over 1,000 devices
- Monthly, the app often gets about 35,000 pageviews
- Desktop computers can access the app (no smartphone needed!)
- Find calendars, class schedules, and announcements!
- The app is free on Google Play and the Apple App Store. Search for FVLHS News and download today!
Thank you for taking a look at our new online BEACON
- SUBSCRIBE Click Subscribe to receive an email and link when the next BEACON is published.
- QUESTIONS? Looking for newsletter navigation tips? Check the Online Publications page. If that doesn't answer your question(s), please let us know (see Feedback below).
- FEEDBACK How does this compare to the printed BEACON? Is it easy to navigate and read on your chosen device? Do you have other thoughts? Please complete the Feedback Form.
Visit us online again!
The FVL BEACON is published three times a year by Fox Valley Lutheran High School
EDITOR - Dave Payne | DESIGN/LAYOUT - Sharon Ragner