Faculty & Staff Upates
Mr. Joe Blum accepted the Admissions Director call last fall. Mr. Ryan Kirchoff will be joining our English staff, replacing Mr. Matthew Foxen (pictured). Mr. Foxen will become the Communications Director at the retirement of Mr. Dave Payne in June. Mrs. Rachel Lemke recently accepted her call to serve as a teacher in the Special Needs program again next year. Several FVL faculty including Rev. Brad Krause and Mr. Joel Kramer have returned calls to serve in other ministries. Recently, Mrs. Lonette Gregersen announced she would not be returning from her furlough. Martin Luther College students Jacob Mathena and Samantha Schoch completed their student teaching experience in the first semester. FVL is hosting student teacher Julie Schibbelhut (working with Mr. Ben Stern in science) during the second semester.
Host Families Needed for 2021-22
FVL's International Program is receiving applications from students across the globe. This is a great way to share the Gospel and learn about a different culture. Students pay their own expenses, and host families receive a stipend to offset costs. Email Monica Uhlenbrauck at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in hosting.
The American Mentor Group (AMC) and our international students participate in an activity each month.
From decorating cookies to playing games and coloring Easter eggs, our international students get a monthly snapshot of American culture.
The FVL winter cheer & stunt team took 1st place in the Medium Division in the 2021 State Competition! This is the first time in 20 years that FVL has brought home a state title in cheer & stunt. Congratulations!
Senior Addison Fett was honored as FVL's outstanding scholar athlete at the annual Red Smith Banquet. Congratulations to Micah Medema, Amelia Kelley, Brooklyn Blob, Zeke Punzel, and Trinity Mulder who were recognized for their essays in the annual VFW Voices of Democracy competition.
To accommodate COVID protocols and spring weather, the season's start has been delayed by a month. Check the website's athletic calendar to see the Foxes in action. Click the "Calendar" link under the waffle menu at fvlhs.org.
Thrivent Choice Dollars
Thrivent members who own qualifying investment products have the opportunity to direct their 2020 Choice Dollars to FVL, their home church/school, or other qualifying organizations. The deadline is March 31. Visit the Thrivent website or contact your Thrivent representative. Each year many supporters remember FVL in this way.
Special Needs Program
FVL's newly approved Special Needs Program is running smoothly under the leadership of Mrs. Sara Zuberbier and teachers Mrs. Karie Mindock and Mrs. Rachel Lemke. Through this program, FVL is serving students with disabilities who might not normally be able to find high school success. Voucher applications for the Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP) will be available this spring. Watch for more information.
Musicfest - A Virtual Success
Thanks to everyone involved in the Musicfest 2021! This year’s event was held virtually to showcase performances by the FVL bands, choirs and many talented musicians. Thanks to a matching gift fund donated by our Alumni Alive, the day was able to raise $6300 to support our music program. Several videos from graduates who have been blessed by FVL’s music program were featured. The event can still be viewed on FVL’s YouTube channel. Thanks for your support!
Event links go to additional information on the FVL website.
- Sacred Choral Concert (live-reservations required & virtual) Sunday, March 28 at 1 & 3 PM FVL Chapel Auditorium
- Family Open House Monday, March 29 from 6-9 PM FVL Commons
- FoxFest Dinner Auction (live & virtual - reservation deadline 4/9 for BOTH) Friday, April 23 at 5 PM Liberty Hall
- Spring Band Concert (live & virtual - watch for details online) Sunday, May 9 TBD FVL Chapel Auditorium
- Pancake Feed Sunday, May 16 (watch for details online) from 11 AM - 2 PM FVL Commons
Thank you for taking a look at our new online BEACON
- SUBSCRIBE Complete the Subscribe Form to receive an email and link when the next BEACON is published.
- QUESTIONS? Looking for newsletter navigation tips? Check the Online Publications page (page 11 of this BEACON). If that doesn't answer your question(s), please let us know (see Feedback below).
- FEEDBACK How does this compare to the printed BEACON? Is it easy to navigate and read on your chosen device? Do you have other thoughts? Please complete the Feedback Form.
Visit us online again!
The FVL BEACON is published three times a year by Fox Valley Lutheran High School
EDITOR - Dave Payne | DESIGN/LAYOUT - Sharon Ragner