School Choice Update
This year, FVL will welcome over 220 students who are part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP). Participation in WPCP increases on an annual basis due to most FVL Schools partners being in the program.
Veterans Day at FVL
To accommodate COVID protocols and spring weather, the season's start has been delayed by a month. Check the website's athletic calendar to see the Foxes in action. Click the "Calendar" link under the waffle menu at fvlhs.org.
Football Pancake Feed
The Football Pancake Feed is moving to the fall! Mark your calendars and plan to be at FVL on Sunday, October 17 from 10 AM-NOON.
This year’s Homecoming Frolic (student talent show) will take place on Wednesday, September 22, starting at 6:30 PM. The finale of the night is the crowning of the 2021 Homecoming Queen. The Homecoming football game vs. Seymour begins at 7:00 PM on Friday, September 24. The Homecoming Dance is scheduled for Saturday evening starting at 7:00 PM.
FVL is welcoming over 15 new international students this year. That means over 30 students, representing 8 countries, will have the opportunity to learn of Jesus and discover American culture. Thanks to our host families for making this possible! Continuing this year is a student mentor program that partners international students with their American classmates. FVL will celebrate International Education Week Nov. 15–20. We will conclude the week with a Culture and Cuisine event on November 20. Come and enjoy as students share food and presentations from their home countries.
- Homecoming Frolic Wednesday, September 22 at 6:30 PM FVL Chapel Auditorium
- FVL Giving Day Tuesday, September 21 all day Web/Mail
- Homecoming Football vs. Seymour Friday, Sept. 24 at 7 PM FVL Football Field
- General Board Meeting Tuesday, September 28 at 7 PM FVL Auditorium
- Pond Work Day Saturday, October 2 from 8 AM-NOON Near Football Field
- Fall Band & Choir Concert Sunday, October 10 at 1:00 PM FVL Chapel Auditorium (Note - this was listed incorrectly in the printed BEACON)
- Friends Dinner Wednesday, October 13 doors open at 5:30 PM Liberty Hall
- Football Pancake Feed Sunday, October 17 from 10 AM-NOON FVL Commons
- 8th Grade Welcome Night Monday, October 25 4-8 PM FVL (Tower Entrance)
- Veterans Day Breakfast & Program Thursday, November 11 from 8-10:30 AM FVL Commons
Thank you for taking a look at our new online BEACON
- SUBSCRIBE Complete the Subscribe Form to receive an email and link when the next BEACON is published.
- QUESTIONS? Looking for newsletter navigation tips? Check the Online Publications page (page 11 of this BEACON). If that doesn't answer your question(s), please let us know (see Feedback below).
- FEEDBACK How does this compare to the printed BEACON? Is it easy to navigate and read on your chosen device? Do you have other thoughts? Please complete the Feedback Form.
Visit us online again!
The FVL BEACON is published three times a year by Fox Valley Lutheran High School
EDITOR - Matthew Foxen | DESIGN/LAYOUT - Sharon Ragner